Thursday, July 05, 2012

Ruffle Manicure

Good morning :)  This is something that's been sitting around in my "to do" folder forever, so since I thought I had nothing to do, I decided it was about time I gave this a try!  

For this look I followed this tutorial from Sarah at Chalkboard Nails.  I saw this picture that she posted to Instagram and I decided to follow those colours, since I felt it was more "me" than the greens and blues she used in the tutorial.  

Since there's so many colours, I'm going to stray from my norm and make a list. Here they are, from top to bottom as they appear on my nail:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac
L'Oreal Yellow (can't find a name)
NYX Matte Teal
Essie Watermelon
Essie Mojito Madness
OPI Mod About You
Essie Mesmerise
Island Girl Color Changing Polish Pink/Coral
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet
Seche Vite (2 coats)






As you can see, the sun finally decided to come out!  I hope we'll finally get some summer weather around here.  

Once again, if you live in Canada or the US, please enter my 100 Follower Giveaway!! 

My sister says that my nails look like a cozy knit sweater... not exactly what I was going for, haha!  I'd love to hear what you think! :)

17 comments:

  1. in my wee little brain i picture harry styles sitting on a rocking chair wearing this cozy sweater knitting whilst his little pussy cats cuddle up and purr in his ear. in other words, you have mad skills child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree with you there chap. I wonder if dear Harry knitted the sweater himself? Almost as if he knitted the sweater and you glued it to your teensie little finger-wingers.

      Delete
    2. But if he knitted it himself and I cut it up and glued it on my little finger-wingers, then dear Harry wouldn't have a sweater... Poor Harry.

      Delete
  2. I think it looks awesome! I love this tutorial and need to get around to trying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I finally did it :)

      Delete
  3. oooh this is gorgeous!!! i loveeee the colors you used :D not sure about the cozy knit sweater, because all the bright colors scream summer to meee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's what I said too! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. omg this super pretty! amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't have steady enough hands to do my right hand though > <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's actually pretty easy to do the right hand, since it's just rows of overlapping dots :)

      Delete
  6. sooo cute, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta! Tengo que ponerlo en practica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and original mani... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good ruffle, one of the best I've seen! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...